Ground beef has a special place in everyone’s heart – it’s a tasty, easy-to-cook take on beef that’s so versatile it’s not funny.
Everyone has their favourite way to serve it. But we believe that our favourite recipe is the biggest winner you’ll have come across yet – it’s called Cheeseburger Gnocchi, and yes, it is as good as it sounds.
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- Garlic, 2 cloves, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- Bunch spring onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cumin and paprika, to season
- 200ml whipped cream
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 400g ground beef
- Beef broth
- 1 packet gnocchi
- Melt some butter in a large frying pan, and toast the gnocchi in it for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove gnocchi and set aside. Crank the heat up and when the pan is smoking, add in your ground beef, onion, garlic and seasonings. Cook until the beef is browned and drain if necessary.
- Add tomatoes and broth. Then add gnocchi and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then cover the pan with its lid. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5 minutes until gnocchi is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Add cream and cheese, then stir well.
- Top with a little more cheese and the chopped spring onions.
- Put the frying pan under the grill until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can add a few extras of your choice to really emphasise the burger-ish flavours. Try capers or pickles!
- Add mustard powder or curry powder to your seasonings for more interesting flavour options.
- This is comfort food to the extreme, so be careful! You might fall in love.